Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been thinking lately about possibly trading a NIB and unfired Colt SAA. It is a very beautiful, nickle finish, 3/4 in. bbl .45 caliber with real single piece ivory grips. What bothers me at this point in my life (gasp,66)is that while it is beautiful, it just sits there doing nothing. Every now and then I take it out and check it over and admire it, but that's about it. So I'm thinking maybe the thing to do is to trade with someone for something like a second generation gun of roughly comparable value that has been fired, has a little wear, and that I would actually shoot and it would still appreciate over time. I'd appreciate any suggestions or thoughts from others.
Thanks,
Jim66

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm not telling you what to do. But personnally I would never own a firearm that I wouldn't shoot. I know that it'll loose value if you do shoot it but what the hell? Either sell it or shoot it that's my own opinion for what it's worth.

Dave

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Shoot it or sell it is the best advise. Wonder if you went ahead and took that first $500 shot would you end up enjoying the revolver more.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I'm going to have a toss a vote in for NOT shooting it.
If you want a shooter, buy a shooter.
If you neeed the money, sell the queen.
Long live the Queen.
I personally have some guns for both of these occasions.
I personally would not shoot a gun just to shoot it.
Just my 2 pesos.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm 46 and most of mine are safe queens. What's the difference, 66 or 46? They still won't be shot by me and I will always enjoy them, so continue to enjoy yours. I'll never sell them unless absolutely necessary. I have no children, but I'm very close with my cousin's eleven year old boy. All my firearms are already willed to him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I'll probably just keep it unless I fall into some incredible opportunity- maybe just let serendipity work its magic /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts