Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All, I usually fix my own or replace parts if needed but this one strikes me as one that needs to be professionally done . It's a decent 1st gen. gun with a bad hammer . Missing the half cock and a well worn notch. No push off but too light. and not crisp.
At the least I'm thinking a weld up and recut. I suppose one would re do the trigger at the same time.
I'm not asking for actual estimates but please relate what this usually costs .
I just need to now when to get offended and when I am being offered a good deal.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Here we charge fifty dollar per broken notch, forty dollars for a broken trigger. About a 2 month turnaround. I use high tensile strength wire which gives the most strength without rehardening. If the hammer or trigger repair breaks under normal use during the first year, I'll fix it free. Fanning or cocking improperly voids that guarantee.

JP

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast answer,,,,but of course that raises another question.
Do you need the whole gun or can just a hammer/tigger be sent?

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you want it done right send the whole gun. Have the trigger and timing adjusted. jplower is as good as they get but peacemakers and a couple of others who post here are right there too

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You don't need to send the whole gun. If the parts are repaired correctly, they will drop in with no additional work.

JP
That is if the bolt and hand are working properly. If they are not right then it is back to the beginning.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
That is if the bolt and hand are working properly. If they are not right then it is back to the beginning.
Clients usually know if the bolt has caused them problems, and the hand is the last thing that needs work, unless it's been replaced with a third gen. There were no indicators to consider. Unnecessary repairs are bad for any business, nor is prodding a client into them.

JP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts