Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I checked some sites to see asking prices for similar guns from this period but all of a sudden couldn't find much. This nickel 1971 .45 has a drag line but is unfired. I think this is all the paperwork. A 4 3/4" gun in box is on Gunbroker with 10 bids at $2250 with reserve not met yet. What would you guys value mine at this time? I know it's a little more than the $229. 95 on the box! I just traded for it to sell much later. Counting the investment rifle I traded for it, It's been over fifteen years now.

·
Registered
359 Posts
In my limited opinion the 4 3/4" are commanding the highest prices. The 7 1/2" the lowest. I recently purchased a 7 1/2" 44SP for 1000.00. A 45 should bring more. By the way, I'll give you 250 since the tag is 229.!!

·
Premium Member
21,839 Posts
Your SAA appears to be Nickeled. As I recall the 7-1/2" nickeled 2nd Gen SAA's are hard to find. I have one in the box like yours that I paid $1900 for about 5 years ago. I would guess yours could be valued around $2200-$2500 in a retail setting.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
It looks all correct to me but I think there is suppose to be a small white piece of paper detailing the care of Nickel, Silver, and Gold finishes. These slips would of been included in the Stagecoach boxed Nickel finished guns. As note above I would guesstimate the value at about $2300 to $2500 depending on market demand. I have the same Colt SAA but from 1972.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.