Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What\'s in my stable

After lurking for the past month or so and taking in all the wealth of info and pics, I finally got around to making some photos of my stable. Enjoy

Python

Lawman MkIII

Detective Special

[This message has been edited by proco (edited 12-09-2003).]

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: What\'s in my stable

Nice nickel collection proco.

What year is the Python? And is the screw nickel or blue? It's hard to tell from the photo.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

First off, WELCOME to the forum proco! We are getting more activity on this forum and we need more guys who may be just lurking to come on board. WELCOME, and don't be a stranger.

I see by you pix, you like shiny guns, so do I. Looks like you have a nice start to a collection. Keep 'em coming with the photos.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
571 Posts

Very nice guns, Proco. Welcome aboard to the Forum. Lot's of good guys here and valuable exchange of hard to find info on Colts. Charlie Flick

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for all the comments.

The only blues I have are a Browning HP and Ruger Security Six. Back in September, Dfariswheel dated the Python (179xxE) to 1976. The MkIII is L377xx, and the DS is C283xx. Not sure of their dates. The grip screw is nickel on the Python and DS, but blued on the MkIII.

I must say I have enjoyed reading the posts on this board. I'll try and jump in whenever I can.

- Pat

·
Registered
25 Posts

god almighty:just when i deside that i dont need a colt python ,boom there one is.what a beutiful profile.sexy hunchedback(almost beisly looking wood grip,very cool swept back hammer.o what abeutiful thing to behold!
where dose the lawman fit in?is it a D frame like the DS?IS IT ALLOY ETC.????

·
Registered
794 Posts

Scamper, the Lawman series is NOT a D-frame. It is considered a J-frame. Basically it's a fixed sight Trooper MK III. Much more beefy than a D-frame!

However in the 2" version pictured by proco, the butt is smaller & rounded for concealed carry. The 4" Lawman has the same shape butt as the Trooper MK III & the stocks are interchangeable between the two.

Also, the Lawman fires the 357 (& 38 spec) so it is a steal frame, not alloy. The Detective Special is also a steel frame, 38 Spec only. The alloy framed version of the Detective Special is the Cobra. It too is 38 spec only.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

proco

Just a little info to keep your thread going and to add to your information file.
Your MKIII was made in 1976 and the DS was born in 1973. Thot you might like to know.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts