Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good honest assessment from good honest people on a 1975 Colt Python. you've all heard the story, a lady from churches husband died and is needing money and has ask the computer guy for help in doing some homework on getting an honest value for the piece. I just need good information to convince her that it is not worth as much as her husband was told it was worth before he past. He was told 5-6 thousand about 5 years ago and she is holding to that number, I have convinced her to come down but I just need an expert assessment from experts that I can print off and show her. if you need more specific pictures I can do that just not the serial I had one of your forum members tell me that. if I can post my phone number I will cause texting would be quicker just don't know if that's allowed. full python.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg The gun is in great shape there is no wear on it anywhere she said it has had less than a box of shells through it. there is no box and no papers that she can find.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Sure it's 1975 vintage? Grips look earlier. Maybe show here what similar gun goes for in GB site?

·
Registered
599 Posts
All,

I told madmud about this site. He had the gun for sale local and I made an offer. I asked him to post here to get an honest opinion of condition and value. After speaking with him, I have no reason to believe that there is anything dishonest about his story.

Kraaken, the gun dates to 1975 via the serial number he gave me.

I offered $2200 based on what the 2.5 have been SELLING FOR on gunbroker and for what the 1960s sold for on here a few weeks ago ($2100). I wanted to get an honest evaluation of value incase I was missing something. I dont mind coming up some if the value is there.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Based on that Gunbroker sale I posted earlier it shows that $2200 is totally fair and what the market is willing to pay at the moment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Colt Python with blued hammer

I have a 6" Colt Python that appears new and unfired. It has a blued hammer. Did any colt pythons come from the factory with a blued hAmmer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts