Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What\'s Official Police in .22 Caliber Worth ?

Hello
I may be considering swapping or out right selling off my Colt Official Police, in .22 Caliber I bought recently, and would like to know what one like this is worth? This revolver shoots fine, group's tight,and the action is smooth and locks up tight,with no timing issues and I like it but have other interests at this time and have decided to sell it or swap it for another revolver of equal value. It has no issues in fit and finish and is slightly thin on the bluing on the high spots of the cylinder,along with displaying a light turn line it does have a bright shinney bore, and has a minor scratch on the right side of the barrel that can barely be seen in the picture shown.The revolver was made in 1951 & I have included recent pictures below to get opinions of what it is worth. Thanks to any that respond as well in advance. take care, Hammerdown

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Re: What\'s Official Police in .22 Caliber Worth ?

just my opinion but i`d say around 300$ +/- 75$. for reference there`s a pre war gun on gunbroker #46198353 that has no bids at 300$, your gun appears cleaner.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hello icdux1
Thanks for the response, I guess it would depend on the buyer and how much they would be willing to spend on this model to get more than the $300.00 mark. many I have seen look rougher in the bluing, that appear to be netting the $300.00 mark as an average on auction sites. Take care, hammerdown

·
Registered
323 Posts

Hammerdown,
That piece of yours is such a CLEAN gun, I can't imagine it going for much less than $ 375 in our area.
I see so many with ratty bluing, and fewer still in the .22lr caliber.
SOMEBODY out there will get an awfully nice gun with that example of yours.
Those appear to be the original 'Coltwood' grips.
Don

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Those appear to be the original 'Coltwood' grips.
Don

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Dhenry
I was told by the guy I purchased it from these are the original Colt Wood grips. Thanks, Hammerdown

·
Registered
191 Posts

That's a beauty. Seems to me you could sell that all day for $300, I would think it's worth more, just my .02. Take care, Shoodaddy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hello 22 Rimefire
E-mail sent as requested to set up a meet to see this fine Colt revolver. Take care, Hammerdown

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Another 22 goes into my black hole collection. In person it shows nicer than the pictures. Not a bad piece. Thank you Hammerdown for the effort and good luck with your Smiths. Maybe I'll see you at a show.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts