Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I'm looking for either a 6920 or 6940 and looking around on the net I see auctions for either of these gun with the "Restricted" marking and they are price a lot higher. Is this just a collectible type of deal or is there some better made parts in these older models?

·
Registered
75 Posts
No difference other than the restricted roll marks which were discontinued last year.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Colt has been changing their roll marks recently. The "restricted" roll marks are slightly older than the more recent "M4" and "Sporter" roll marks. There shouldn't be any difference in the quality of these AR15's, though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Concur with the posted above, tho' if I choose to sell my 'restricted' rifles I'll expect a premium...:rolleyes:

That said, my pastor looked at my 'restricted' Government Carbine like it was a snake; he's a right guy and likes to shoot, but the uninitiated may make unwarranted assumptions about the markings.
Moon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well. I walked into one of my local gun shops today and they had a 6920 with the restricted markings. Plus they had it outfitted with some VLTOR accessories and I lied what they had. They made me a good deal so I bought it. I asked about the restricted markings and they said they are not marking the gun up because of them but people tend to like them more and this was the last of the restricted markings they had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts