Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this the other day after having forgotten about it:

SAA Revolver - Standard Mfg. Co. LLC

Supposedly built on USFA's machinery with consulting by USFA's old owner. I have seen no updates anywhere after about March last year. Anyone have a "scoop" on these, real or unobtainium? I wanted a STG from Hill and Mac and they have been "next month" for about two years now. Is this pistol really in the works?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had forgotten about this also, especially after I received a very snippy answer from their rep via email. I can't remember the details, but my interpretation of it was that I should go buy something else and quit bothering them.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Maybe if everyone interested sent a non-returnable $250 deposit or, better still, full payment up front with an order?:D

Rio

·
Registered
42 Posts
The way it looked in the gunblast interview was they had several new products they were introducing all at the same time. Off the top of my head, there was a single action, a color case finished 1911, and a .25 caliber multibarrel like a pepperbox but with fixed barrel. I guess the firing device rotated like a cylinder. They didn't explain it very well.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Doubtful they'll pull off a new Single-action.
It's not making much progress & they won't talk about it.
Denis

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doubtful they'll pull off a new Single-action.
It's not making much progress & they won't talk about it.
Denis
The market is ripe for a domestic made SAA since Colt can't fill customer's hands. With the purported support Standard is supposed to receive, the fact they don't have these ready for market after a year means they probably won't. At least we don't have a "pre-order" debacle like we have seen with other manufacturers. I had high hopes for Hill and Mac with their STG. I had money set aside, and after their "next month we will have guns ready to ship" promises I spent the money on a Henry H011 Original that I had in my hands in 2 days. That's been over a year ago and the same tune is playing, with "waiting on magazines" the latest excuse.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
"The market is ripe for a domestic made SAA since Colt can't fill customer's hands."

Quite true..

It is to damn bad a American company can't leap into the breach..

I wonder if Henry repeating arms could do it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"The market is ripe for a domestic made SAA since Colt can't fill customer's hands."

Quite true..

It is to damn bad a American company can't leap into the breach..

I wonder if Henry repeating arms could do it?
I actually just sent that suggestion to Mr. Imperato - others should send the same suggestion as well. They do have the experience building the blackpowder revolvers. I love my Henry Original, and it's action is butter smooth compared to the Uberti Henry is used to have.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I don't think he's got room for a single-action revolver.
Too much going on with the new rifle & shotgun developments, and anybody involved in building those BP guns is long since gone.

It'd be massive start-up R&D, from the ground floor.
Denis

·
Registered
291 Posts
I hate to be a party pooper but IMHO, a Henry single action would more closely resemble the Heritage Rough Rider.
I agree. A friend of mine was giving me crap about buying a Japanese Winchester and I replied, "If there was a company in America that made as high quality a Winchester as Miroku I would buy one in a heartbeat." And that got me to thinking that its just a shame that Henry doesn't make an 1873, or 1866, or any of the Browning design Winchesters. Henry makes high quality stuff, but with the exception of the original Henry, none of their rifles are historical.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I dont know, but it seems like they announced their 1911 a little too early also, and you are just now hearing about people getting them as test and evaluation guns. So, maybe the SAA is at the end of their list, and they are just getting rolling on all these other guns first. There's probably a better market for a high end 1911 now, so once that gets going they can shift more attention to the SAA. I suppose it happens all the time, but I would just be surprised to see them go to all that trouble and announce they are making an SAA at shot show, and put it on their website, and then just completely drop it. And, as has been said, with Colt stumbling through the dark it seems a perfect time to enter that market.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts