Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local and interested , but the contrast in finishes makes me a little hesitant. Any of the people with experience on these things explain this, or should I stay away? Supposed to go look at it in 30 minutes

View attachment 40557

·
Registered
195 Posts
That does look odd! Perfect candidate for custom job if the price is not too high. Mine looks a little rougher, but it is a damn tank. It's my truck gun.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I'm guessing the the barrel was replaced at some time. If the appearance doesn't bother you, and the gun passes the functional tests and has a good bore, go for it if the price is right.

Buck

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, went and looked at it. If you cock it slow it doesn't fully align. Not sure if that is by design or out of time. Don't know a lot about these things. Locks up solid with the trigger back. The barrel was definitely changed and it looks like they did it with a pipe wrench. He wants seven bills for it. it has some blue abrasion as well on both sides of the frame. it is a later one with the stepped cylinder. Seems like a lot of money for this thing to me.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The price is not right.

Buck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts