Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I stop by every day, but there's little going on. My posts go unanswered, and there's not much to respond to from others.
How's this: I found Teddy Roosevelt's peacemaker in my attic; should I have S&W adjustable sights put on it, and change the caliber to .357 SIG, or should I leave it alone? There are these patterns of swirls on it, like someone took a sharp tool and carved designs in it; can I use a Dremel tool to polish that off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am also amazed at how lttle interest this site is generating. i know there are tons of colt owners out there. i wonder if the low interset is due in part to the way colt is doing business these days.
they haven't updated their website in forever, and, it seems to be near impossible to find their products on the shelfs at any gun stores.
i used their dealer search page on their site and called 3 of the dealers closest to my home and they all told me that colt had stopped selling pistols to the public. well i see for them for sale on the web but just not here. are they just real hard for the dealers to get? i can't see any reason to limit production. everything i read says they used to sell alot more pistols before kimber came along, so i would think they have the manufacturing capacity to biuld plenty of pistols to meet demand. i am kind of wondering how they plan to compete with the other companies if they won't produce an enough product for dealers to stock the shelves. also i think maybe the dealers who used to stock colts are now stocking something else after colt told them they wouldn't sell to the public anymore.
if that is the case, then kimber and others really have an advantage now because they are producing enough product to keep the shelves stocked and biulding a huge customer base while those of us who really want a new colt simply can't find one. alot of people i talk to would like to see colt produce more. i think the market is their for them, they just need to biuld and ship them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i heard their raising prices,well thats fine but where are the 1911 xse.i have not seen one yet.your right if they want to make some money crank up production.sounds simple enough.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think it's safe to say that it takes a little time for people to give much attention to a new Forum, particularly if they are comfortable and happy with the Forums they are already using.

And as far as I can discover, this is not a Colt sponsored site - if it is it would likely have more direct information!

Colts are available at RSR to any dealer that wants to place an order, although model selection is still limited. The new Colt plant is not nearly the size of the old Hartford plant, but it is much more modern, and the quality of the new guns is very pleasing.

The huge financial burden of fighting the 30 big city lawsuits combined with lots of competition from Springfield, Kimber and the foreigners have undoubtedly made for lower profits and hurt Colt's ability to do all they would like to in the marketplace. Such are the joys of the firearms business under Clinton/Gore!

As for Colt having ever stopped sales to civilians since the CNN/Newsweek "story", that is just simply not the case, although guns that did not show a profit on the balance sheet (read - revolvers) and guns that ran afoul of patent lawsuits (read - Pocket 9 and Pony DAs) had to be dropped from production by severe financial necessity.

As for the bogus CNN/Newsweek originated claim that Colt had "caved" to the Clinton administration's pressures - if that was true would they still be selling brand new AR15 (incorrectly labeled as)"assault rifles" to the public?

Check out Colt's policy statement on the S&W Agreement and you will see that their pro Second Amendment policies are as staunch as anyone else in the business. It's a shame some people are still bashing them out of ignorance who haven't checked out the real story, or having become aware, are too proud to change their attitudes. I talked to Colt factory reps at the SHOT Show, and I believe they have been given a raw deal - by both our known enemies, and too many misinformed friends. The good news is, the guns are available if you want them. Don't settle for "just a Copy." Col. Colt

Or as my namesake put it "Beware of Counterfeits and Patent Infringements", in his advertising of over 100 years ago! cc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts