1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
it's a nice looking Python. I agree it's over priced. The box looks like an original. But I'm not sure what paperwork would come with a "64" - I also believe that it shouldn't have the red sight insert.

He's got another one with repro stocks and a debatable box and paperwork.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=282659850

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
The only items in his photos that "might" be original to a 1964 Python are the warranty card and the screwdriver. That type box wasn't used until the late 1960's, the serial number was not written on the label at Colt, the manual is from about 1974, the hang tag is from even later and that version of the Handling the Handgun booklet wasn't used until about 1970 or so.
And way overpriced as well. Good grief!

- - -Buckspen

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
My first purchase on GB was from that seller. wasn't a colt. sell went well. friendly guy. I paid for 100% NIB and it was that except for a tiny ding in the stock. I don't know if the FFL did it as they had opened the box before I got there, or if it was sold that way. As it was my first buy, I just accepted it. Also it was very minor and was repairable. haven't followed any of his sales since, and this was several years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Well, I wouldnt call it a first gen because it does not have first gen stocks and its 1964 and its a 4 " barrel. Its a 2nd gen .

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Looks like about the only things he got right were Python and 4" barrel.The front sight shows a lot of blue loss besides not being the right one.D*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts