Colt Forum banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great rehab! Never thought I'd see the day when Korths are cheaper than Pythons, but the way prices are going, we may get there...
I paid $420 with tax for my Python in a gunstore close to O'Hare International airport but what seems like yesterday was 30 years ago. Only the first generation Pythons get close to a Korth in quality but the Korth from 1969 on has a clear advantage in double action because of the roller bearings that sit on top of the trigger and can be changed for different let off. You can see the roller behind the hand.

When you take a close look at the innards, you will notice that the interior surfaces are also very well finished. I noticed the same on my Swiss Hämmerlis and SIG P210s.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I paid $420 with tax for my Python in a gunstore close to O'Hare International airport but what seems like yesterday was 30 years ago. Only the first generation Pythons get close to a Korth in quality but the Korth from 1969 on has a clear advantage in double action because of the roller bearings that sit on top of the trigger and can be changed for different let off. You can see the roller behind the hand. When you take a close look at the innards, you will notice that the interior surfaces are also very well finished. I noticed the same on my Swiss Hämmerlis and SIG P210s.
To steal a tag line, "Engineered like no other gun..."

·
Registered
61 Posts
Two that made me dance.

I picked up an original Winchester 1885 Scheutzen in 38-55 for 4k sbout 8 years ago.

The other was just last year when I got a brand new in factory box FN FAL for 1k.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Nice 1908

Just recently. a 1908 .380 in around 99% condition off GB for $1100.........

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nothing special here but I like them and their good shooters.
A S&W M 15-3 for a buck and a half about 2 years ago. Well worn but shot little policeman's duty gun.

DSCN1582.jpg

About 6 months ago picked up another 1903. A finish challenged Type III with good grips and no pitting from 1915 with 2 Colt original pinned magazines for $300.00. Picked it up at of all places, Cabelas.

DSCN5041.jpg DSCN2766.jpg

181 - 185 of 185 Posts