Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What\'s Your Favorite Colt DA Model?

Considering all the models and different frame sizes, what is your favorite of favorites?

The New Service is my very favorite.

Police Positives run a close second. I think they are the underdogs of Colt DA's.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: What\'s Your Favorite Colt DA Model?

Need I say more......Diamondbacks.

·
Registered
938 Posts

My favorite to shoot is the Officers Model Match,1950's vintage,with the full checkered target stocks,either .22 or .38.My real favorite is the Shooting Master I don't own yet...
Regards,
John Witty

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Gunkwazy;

What you really need is a snubby Python.

The one with the walnut grips catches my eye.

Turnerriver;

I'm gonna have me one nice Officer's Model one of these days.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

i personally think the e/i frame guns are about the zenith of d/a revolvers,the frame size and relationship of parts make them the smoothest. even though the actions of the smaller and larger frames are nearly identical mechanicly.in all things there is sometimes when everything fits together and harmonizes just exactly right.it is kinda like the old chevy 283 engines, no other chevy engine can be tuned to run as smooth as the 283, it is mechanical perfection,i used to set a round head screw on the breather and adjust the idle screws by watching it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
807 Posts

I'm going to choose my commercial, New Service .38 special and my NIB, Trooper .22(With factory target hammer and grips!:

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts

New Service and sub-models followed by the DA New Army/New Navy models .

·
Registered
705 Posts

Thats a tough one. Favorite D.A. and favorite simi-auto, both .22's

·
Registered
689 Posts

GUNKWAZY...

Got to go with you on this one... Pythons Rule!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

I got yer back VDM.
Pythons are so damn sexy.
You know what, I've never said that about a gun before. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
958 Posts

Mine is the New Service, followed closely by the PPS, although the OP .32-20 I acquired is sneaking up fast!

·
Registered
150 Posts

I always thought it was my Pythons, but I'm becoming inordinately fond of a recently purchased 1930's Officers Model .22. I keep marveling at that early Colt fit, finish, and Python-smooth action. And the checkered backstrap and trigger would now cost more to apply than I paid for the gun. May have to get more......-Asa

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

I like ALL of the above but I just have a huge soft spot in my heart for the detective special. Others are prettier, fancier,or smoother, but the one that rides around with me and hopefully keeps me from getting hurt is my favorite

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the police positive. It just seems to lay down lead exactly where I am looking. I found it to be remarkably accurate even when I am simply pointing and shooting.

·
Registered
Colt SAA, Usfa SA, Std Mfg SA.
1,917 Posts
Tied for the lead is the Python and the Trooper MK III. Close second is the Diamondback / DS. Hard to pick just one :unsure:.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The Model 1878. I much prefer S&Ws over Colt for more modern DA revolvers.

Best regards,

1 - 20 of 45 Posts