Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1322 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
My latest - traded another member for it (thanks Cam!) - New Service with a 4 1/2 inch barrel in 38 wcf to match my Rem slide-action carbine in the same caliber.

I also posted this in the New Service photos thread so if you've seen it before I apologize.

John

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
My latest - traded another member for it (thanks Cam!) - New Service with a 4 1/2 inch barrel in 38 wcf to match my Rem slide-action carbine in the same caliber.
That's a beauty!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Hopefully my latest Colt will be one I'll find at the Denver show this coming weekend! :)

UPDATE:

Well, the Denver show was good for me and I bought this Colt Single Action chambered in 41 Colt. It has a mint bore and examining the chambers with a high intensity light I only see 2 that look like they’ve been fired. There’s barely a nick on the firing pin, no marks on the recoil shield, and only a faint turn ring on the cylinder. It is truly almost unused. It was probably stored without a coating of oil, so the Case Colors have faded on the exposed flat surfaces, but the recessed and protected areas are heavy and bright. It was shipped to Simmons Hardware in St. Louis, MO on October 23, 1901 in the configuration pictured.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Nice Trooper!
Bob
Thanks Bob! I bought it for my wife to use as a home protection gun when I'm gone overnight on hunting or fishing trips, but I think I might have to put that one in the safe and buy her another one that shows some wear!!

1 - 20 of 1322 Posts