Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a bout new Colt 2" 38 special model #SF-VI in satin stainless, with Colt silver medallion black grips, with a Colt banner at bottem of grip. Serial SVO887.

This little gun has about the smoothest double action I have ever felt. It may become my new carry gun, loaded with 38 special silver tips.

I believe it was made in the mid 90's for a couple of years. Anybody know how many were made, what frame, and action it has, and approx. how many might have been made.

Thanks,

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Just briefly (because I'm hungry) it is the SF (small frame) frame. The SF-VI (small frame roman numeral 6 shot) was the first. It was used on the subsequent DS-II and Magnum Carry. It is a combination of some features of previous actions and as you can see is a frame mounted firing pin. It was a made 95-96, don't know how many but my highest serial one was made in 96 and is SV74xx. A big feature was the light double action. There are several posts about them, but they are a ways back. Those are the correct stocks and I believe the only model to use them. I have an original magazine review from 96 that has some more scoop. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks A1A. I searched and read the old posts, and learned that this is kinda a stainless DS. Love the smooth DA, and condsidering its perfect condition, and low price, I'm very happy with it.

The stainless finish in damp, sunny Florida, make it a perfect carry gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts