Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Will This Forum Fix the \"Back\" Button?

As an example, say I go into the "Revolver" section. If I select a topic on the first computer screen, I can read that. Then, when I hit my "back" button, the screen reverts to the initial topic listing. So far so good. However, if I scroll down and select a topic from the next computer screen, and after reviewing it I hit the "back" button, I don't get back to where I was (the second screen listing), but instead see the very first listing of topics. This means I have to scroll down to the second screen again. I know of no other gun forum that operates this way, and it is infuriating! Can't this be fixed?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: When Will This Forum Fix the \"Back\" Button?

When you say scroll down to the "second screen", you really mean you are scrolling to the bottom of the same page, not actually "page 2" of the category, in which case you are simply returned to the top of the "back" page after you read a topic there? After reading a post anywhere in page 1, I am returned to the top of page 1. After reading a post on "page 2" I am returned to the top of page 2, etc. How about if you limit the number of posts displayed per page to one screen's worth, like perhaps 10, in other words, one screen equals one page./forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: When Will This Forum Fix the \"Back\" Button?

Thanks, A1A. You interpreted my complaint correctly. Also, your proposed fix works fine. Selecting the number of posts to show on a page, however, is a little "iffy", because the height of the page display depends upon how many lines are used up by the topic titles. Also, any "sticky" topics posted by the moderator apparently are not counted in the topic total. Oh, well - just takes some playing around. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts