Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I started at a late age to this hobby of Colt collecting, I have limited myself to only collecting the Colt Blackpowder-2nd generation series - and only those models that have an issue of 500, or less; some specialty of engraving; or has a serial number of the 1st or 2nd gun of the series. I am on the hunt.

I have obtained four models that have a 1st or 2nd serial number (1851 Navy-1st, 1861 Navy-2nd, 1862 Pocket Navy-2nd, and 1862 Pocket Police-1st). I have been searching to find the 'brother' to these (a second serial number for the 'first', or a first serial for the 'second'). The chase was on, but last week my hopes of getting to the goal have been somewhat reduced.

I had correspondence with Dennis Russell to see if he had knowledge of where the 'brothers' could be hiding.

To quote.........."I believe your stated desire to create consecutively serial numbered sets will be extremely difficult to fulfill. Colt 1851 Navy (S/N 24901) is part of my personal collection and it is not for sale. Colt 1861 Navy (S/N 40000) and Colt 1862 Pocket Navy (S/N 48000) currently reside in a major firearms collection and are not for sale. A photo of these two revolvers is attached. And regarding Colt 1862 Pocket Police (S/N 49001) I do not have any knowledge of its whereabouts."

Ok. Things are not all completely bad. Three models may never be in my possession, But......there is that 2nd serial number (S/N 49001) Colt 1862 Pocket Police whose location is unknown and just waiting to be brought home. Since a lot of you have extensive collections and have been in this business for awhile, if you know where he is hiding, I would appreciate a 'heads up' - there is a finders fee.

The gun below is looking for his brother.

Rob

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory Text Font Document Line Paper

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Since you're keeping track of early 2nd Gens, here's an early Walker. (Private collection, not for sale :cool: ).

John Gross

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John, your Walker has been put into the file. I now have a picture of the #2 and #4. I don't know who has #1 or #3. More than likely, Dennis Russell has the #1.

Here is the #2 Walker - 2d generation (#1201)

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts