Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
no real surprise from the land of some of the most restrictive gun laws around.
they are upside down in more than one way.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
My wife is Australian, and having been down there I have to say they are some of the nicest people I've ever met, wherever I went. And listening to some of the family and friends talk bitterly about the firearm situation, you can just feel the frustration of the anti-gun crowd being firmly in charge regardless of the efforts of so many. Their advise was always " don't let them get a solid toe-hold or you'll be lost before you realize it." Shame really.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is sad. I know a friend that I have from England was over and we decided to give the Iowa tour trip showing him the farm. We let him drive a nice John Deere tractor with one of us in the buddy seat. And of course being the midwest boys we are we had to take him shooting. Shaked like a leaf at first shooting my Browning Citori at a pop bottle. Looked at me in amazement when I John Wayned the bottle and made it skip twice. Of course he was snapping pictures the entire time with his camera. When we met up with his Mother back at the house she was afraid that the Government would look at his pictures on his camera and he would get in trouble for the gun pictures when he was back in Country..

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Missoua hosts a very large rugby tournament every year. The Maggotfest as it is called after the host team The Missoula Maggots, draws teams from all over the world. I've always found it fun to watch the teams as they go from gun store to gunstore looking through the glass countertops like kids at a candy store window. Most clerks oblige and let them handle the firearms.

I can't imagine living under such an oppresive government. Although ours is trying to get there.....:bang_wall:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Synchronized Skeet-shooting? Diving Steel Plate Competition? Downhill Sporting Clays?

I could go for that.....

·
Registered
914 Posts
It seems I remember the authorities finding a handgun on (in) a incarcerated chap several months ago, just sayin'..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts