Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings forum friends.

First post here. I inherited a Satin Nickel Combat Commander 45acp and it has a hairline crack that runs the length of the slide from the corner of rear sight to the front of the gun. I'm on the hunt for a replacement satin nickel slide. Does anyone know where one might find one? I've seen only one on ebay a few months ago and didn't win the auction.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
About all you can do is watch the auctions and put an ad in the "Want to Buy" part of the Forum here. You might get a nice blued slide and make a great looking two-tone Commander. The gun won't be original anymore so there will no big deal abut changing it.

Reactions: hwjhfs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About all you can do is watch the auctions and put an ad in the "Want to Buy" part of the Forum here. You might get a nice blued slide and make a great looking two-tone Commander. The gun won't be original anymore so there will no big deal abut changing it.
I've thought about going two tone. That may be an option if i'm unable to locate another nickel slide.

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Snidely is correct about the only option is to keep an active watch on eBay, but I like the idea of a two tone. Take a look on GunBroker too.
You can call Gun Parts Corp but I have doubts if they have any of those slides left, they sold out those parts years ago, and if they did have one lying around I doubt if it'd be worth having.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sarco will have a blue 4.25" replacement slide if it comes down to making a shooter.
The only thing l have left is a stainless Series 80 top in .38 Super.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,661 Posts
An option not mentioned is to buy a compatible blued slide and have it satin nickel plated by one of the top gun refinisher services.

There are several top professionals who can do a perfect job and that would get you a gun that at least looks factory.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try SARCO

SARCO has surplus 1911 slides off and on and has offered after market slides without roll stamps.

It would be easy enough to have a slide nickle plated... I'm sure Fords could do it.

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
781 Posts
SARCO has surplus 1911 slides off and on and has offered after market slides without roll stamps.

It would be easy enough to have a slide nickle plated... I'm sure Fords could do it.

FWIW

Chuck
I suggested that 3 days ago Chuck.
I've had good luck with Sarco slides.
Reasonable price also.
I think he's looking for a stock replacement.

Bill

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd guess he is

Probably is, but sometimes you have to take an alternate... :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts