Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a second generation SAA. It came with a set of Mother of Pearl grips that were badly chipped. I think it originally had the factory hard rubber grips. I would like to find a set. They do not have to be new. Does any one have any thought on where would be a good place to look? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
None are drop-in, so they'll need fitting, unless you're exceptionally lucky.

'Vintage Gun Grips' has nice repros that'll fill the gap until you find originals, and there are a myriad of suppliers of 'faux Ivory' and nice walnut out there - SAA grips being 'the' most commonly produced accessory out there.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
If and when the gun shows start back up, take it along to the "grip dealers." You get to look at the grips and make sure they are authentic, as important you get to try them on your gun. I have fitted two Gen 2s that way, in the past couple of years. Paid 75.00 for one pair and 125.00 for the other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a set from nutmeg sports for a resonable price 35 bux. I just checked and they still have some (they are takeoffs) I think they are gen 3 though as they have the eagle on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts