Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Newbie here. If I'm posting in the wrong place, sorry. Anyway, I'm not selling anything YET, just trying to figure out WHERE to sell it. Here's what IT is::

Colt 1908 Hammerless, .38 colt auto (380 acp)

SN: 11x8xx

Condition: Very Good+

Collectibility: One of two guns in a shipment to Walter Tips of Austin, Texas in the early 1900's. Some research showed that, in Austin Texas there is a Walter Tips building, so I assume he was 'somebody.' And, yes, I do have an archive letter from Colt. That's how I know the info.

So...where would you sell it to get top dollar?

Thanks for reading and helping.

Weimguy

·
Registered
267 Posts
Contact Collector's Firearms in Houston Texas. www.collectorsfirearms.com or something very close to that.

You should spend some time on the internet broker sites to get a feeling for the quality of the gun and the going rate. You will need pictures to email to Collector's.

I would suggest you ask for the manager if you call.

Good luck.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Whatever you do, do not sell your pistol to any dealer, unless you are willing to accept about 50% of it's true value. Search www.gunbroker.com, www.auctionarms.com or, www.gunsamerica.com to get a fair idea of asking prices.

I have been collecting Colt Pocket Hammerless pistols for over 30 years. If you would like some help in valuing it, give me a complete desription via email. My email address is in my profile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts