Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
GunBroker has been the premier firearms auction site for decades. There, millions of potential buyers will compete for your item, whereas here, there are only about 20,000 members and only a small percentage of those will be potential buyers. For maximum potential return, sell on GunBroker.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Why not sell it in California? I suspect you will get more for it. Calguns would be the best site, if you are not a member it’s easy to join.

·
Registered
223 Posts
While I like the idea of keeping it in California it is not on the CA DOJ list of approved firearms. Therefore it still can not be shipped inside the state (Although it's already here. Crazy, huh?). It would have to be a FTF transaction. It of course can be shipped outside the state.

·
Registered
51 Posts
GunBroker has got it's fair share of my money.
Lots of pictures and an accurate description are mandatory when selling online.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
FWIW, I have had absolutely no problems with transactions on GunBroker. Sellers and Buyers will do their best to maintain a high rating. I can't say that about GI or GA.

Reactions: Colt-SL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Why not sell it in California? I suspect you will get more for it. Calguns would be the best site, if you are not a member it’s easy to join.
I have tried repeatedly to register with that site. I never get a verification email. I think they have suspended new registrations.
BTW here's some pictures of the gun. How much might this gun fetch? $900 - $1,500? COLT Python 357

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,165 Posts
it's refinished.

That's not "Colt's High Polished Blue"

Sides of the hammer are Blued.

Surface rust looks like there's blue in them.

It's a Shooter, Nothing more in my opinion.
Rust or fowling in the chambers.

This is what it should look like.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
What is a strike made gun?
It doesn't look refinished to me.
In 1985 Colt's factory workers went on a 5 year strike, ending Apr. 90'.
It is thought by many Colt's collectors the quality of their firearms suffered.
In fact, it is widely thought the workers that were present, actually engaged in some skulduggery to bring about this lessening of quality.

Wasn't there, don't know,... but the workers ended up making an employee purchase of the company, (I Think ??)

At any rate, correctly or not, it is thought the crown jewel of Colt's, D/A revolvers, the Python, suffered the most. Seems logical, since only a decade later the Python was all but discontinued.

Yours by the way, if I read the serial number correctly is a 1967, and normally would fall into what I think of as the "2nd tier" of Python production, typically meaning still at the height of craftsmanship....Certainly the one pictured has some definite "issues" with the finish.

Your $900 - $1500 is about right on one end,...and a tad optimistic on the other.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yours by the way, if I read the serial number correctly is a 1967, and normally would fall into what I think of as the "2nd tier" of Python production, typically meaning still at the height of craftsmanship....Certainly the one pictured has some definite "issues" with the finish.
So craftsmanship dropped sometime before 1967? Or were there good and bad levels of craftmanship in 1967?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts