Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't read a post from him in some time.
I hope he's OK!

I got a reply from Abe. It is below:

"My wife was diagnosed with both pancreatic and liver cancer in late April ... she died on July 16th.
- it was like watching a house burn to the ground -

I'm just now getting my life (somewhat) back together and naturally I'm reassessing everything that I hold/held dear.

I'm really not sure when or if I will return to collecting.

Thanks for your concern"

I hope Abe will decide to return to us and I hope he will be able to get better from his devastating loss.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Malysh, thank you for posting this. I didn't know either.

I can not imagine the grief that Abe must be going through. I'm beginning to learn that the older we get, the more often sadness finds us at the most inopportune times. I also find myself more emotional now, than when I was a young man and to hear of Abe's tremendous loss, once again finds me me with tears running down my cheek as I type.

God Bless Abe's and his wife, and I will say a prayer for them both today.

Bud

I hope Abe will decide to return to us and I hope he will be able to get better from his devastating loss.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Words escape me...I've always admired Abe's common sense and thoughtful posts and we had a small business transaction when I was a new member. Class guy. Abe, if you happen upon these posts, my prayers to you my friend.

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
After seeing this post briefly early on and then coming back to it later, the subsequent responses all seemed to know what was going on, but I did not see a post that actually stated what was going on. I logged out, confused as to how everyone seemed to know what was going on but me.

Later in the day, I logged in again and again saw more posts, all obviously knowing what was going on with AA, yet I still did not see a post that revealed what had happened. After seeing the post that Malysh had sent an email, I looked below to see what the response had been, but did not see it, before having to log out again and tend to business. (I hate it when that happens!)

Now that I have some time to check back, I began by scanning for a post I had missed. Somehow, I happened to see that Malysh had amended his FIRST post to state what happened. The amended post precedes his post that says he sent AA an email to inquire what had happened. I would not have been confused if the information had been posted in a SEPARATE post in chronological order, once the reply from AA was received in response to the email Malysh said he sent. After all, this is not like some sites that have a limit on the number of posts in a thread, so why Malysh amended his FIRST post rather than posting a subsequent message in chronological order is confusing to this simple mind. (It is not nice to try to confuse the old folks!) At least now I realize what has befallen AA, and I am saddened to learn of his loss.

Now that I know what has happened to AA, I join all in wishing him condolences and wishing that he find peace soon. A hobby can help in that regard.

Out of respect for the serious nature of this thread and AA, I will forgo my usual facetious closing waiver of late.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.