Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Re: Where\'s she gonna stop (Python Price)

Is it fried or unfried? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last picture shows something to think about. The round plate (what's the right word for this part?) seems to have lost it's blueing completely?
Now I looked at my Python which is a shooter and I do have some blueing on it left and the usual star.

So I ask you? Fired or unfired?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,677 Posts

That's the recoil shield.
It's not unusual to see new Colt's with the recoil shield bright and un-blued.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Okay, that's something new to me, I thought that all exterior parts were blued.

·
Registered
324 Posts

I have a couple blue Pythons and they're all polished and unblued at the inner cylinder latch area.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

Just out of curiousity, as I don't collect the Pythons, does the edges of the frame as shown in some of the photos appear to be rounded? Also, the Colt Horse seems to have had the front legs polished out??? It's hard for me to tell with the photos like they are... Anyone else think this may have been polished??? Bob Best

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Not sure about the frame edges but the colt seems to be thinned. Really hard to tell from the photos but I agree the legs look polished out a bit.

·
Registered
254 Posts

side note, he put x`s in the serial number in the discription, but the box has the complete serial number on it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

It amazes me what people will pay for a refinished gun.

·
Registered
991 Posts

There's a very recent post about this particular seller on the S&W forum. Not favorable.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

All, take another look at that gun and the final price. Would a un-refinished gun sell for less money? Absolutly yes. Buyers get too caught up to pay any price for "a nothing gun". Why did THIS gun generate all THIS interest? Are buyers that uneducated? The sight of this gun makes me sick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts