• 4 3/4"

• 5.5"

• 7.5"

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious, of what I have, which is the most desired caliber and barrel length of those listed? Thanks!

·
Registered
824 Posts
It would seem to me that the 4 3/4 .45 is the most desired.
I'm a oddball as you know so for me a pair of .44 Colt's with 4 3/4 barrels is most desired.
P.S. Watch your mail next week.
Take care, Duane

·
Registered
564 Posts
For me , I'll get back to my 44 special project with 4 3/4 barrel this winter . .45, dime a dozen in my thinking , also the military bucked those 7 1/2 inch barrels off for a good reason . Me thinking again ,I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
.44 special and 4.75 for me. Two 5.5's live in the rude hovel with me. Happy to have the company. Hope to get a 4.75 someday.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I was a 45 Colt fan for decades, then I got a 44 special. I reload and it seems you have to really work at getting a load that is accurate in 45 Colt. On the other hand every 44 Special seems to be dead nuts on.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've come to enjoy the 44WCF maybe because I shoot black powder in rifles and the 44WCF and 38WCF have about 0 blowby. 5-1/2" has been my preferred length until I got a pair of 38WCF with 4-3/4" barrels.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I can think of a few good reasons for a 7.5 inch barrel, but my Colt Sheriff in 44 Spec. has a special (no pun intended) place. The only barrel lengths I am not partial too is the 5.5 and the Buntline. I hope I am not stepping on anyone’s toes. A Buntline in a holster might work for someone who plays professional basketball!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Of your choices 45 colt in 5.5. I just like the way that barrel length recoils in the hand.

44 special is like the 38 special....just feels lacking something

·
Registered
889 Posts
44 WCF and 4.75. Don't know if you intended to leave that off the list. I prefer the gun to say 44WCF or 44-40 on the barrel and have a 44 special cylinder to drop in.🙂 if it has to be from the list then I would say 45. LC 4.75.

·
Registered
178 Posts
44 Special with the 4 3/4 using the Skeeter Skelton load.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Old Tanker, you mean like this? I got it in September and been having fun working up loads for it. View attachment 716944

I want one of those so bad! What year is that one? One of these days I'll find one - no rush. I've even bought a few boxes of ammo when I stumbled on them, just so I'm ready. If you ever tire of "testing" that one out, you know I'm just a PM away. ;)

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1stgen1916saa said:
Don't know if you intended to leave that off the list.
I did. These are the three calibers and barrels lengths I have in multiple guns. Just curious what the most desirable combo might be.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts