• 44 Special

• 45 Colt

• 4 3/4"

• 5.5"

• 7.5"

Which caliber and barrel?

4K views 56 replies 39 participants last post by  beemermark 
#1 ·
Curious, of what I have, which is the most desired caliber and barrel length of those listed? Thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
For me , I'll get back to my 44 special project with 4 3/4 barrel this winter . .45, dime a dozen in my thinking , also the military bucked those 7 1/2 inch barrels off for a good reason . Me thinking again ,I'm sure.

#11 ·
I can think of a few good reasons for a 7.5 inch barrel, but my Colt Sheriff in 44 Spec. has a special (no pun intended) place. The only barrel lengths I am not partial too is the 5.5 and the Buntline. I hope I am not stepping on anyone’s toes. A Buntline in a holster might work for someone who plays professional basketball!

#31 ·
I agree, have two .44-40 with 4,75" barrel from 3rd generation which are my favorites and I have two Peacemaker Commemorative in .44-40 with 7,5" barrel. I love the .44-40 cartridges and have several Winchester, one Whitney and one Colt rifle in that caliber. I also have one Uberti SAA with 4,75" barrel in .44-40

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.