Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased what I thought was one of the new Colt Special Combat Officers custom shop guns. The slide has the correct rollmark. However, the sights are regular series 80 sights and the box it came in has a model number of 09840T.

Some quick research shows that model number as being the Talo edition CCO however, the Talo version has a different rollmark on the slide.

Do I have a mismatched gun that some one put together? Is it actually a base model of the new SCO with an incorrect box?

Any help or insight would be appreciated. I don't have any pics right now but I'll take a few and post them if it will help.

Jim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks paul45. That is very interesting. Looks like I have one from a "special run" of 40 guns! I should have educated myself a little more on these but I'm in MA where any Colt is rare and prices are always high no matter which model it is. I examined the gun at the shop but didn't notice the end label on the box until I got home. Either way I'm still very happy with the gun.

Jim

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Text Blue Font Line

1 - 5 of 5 Posts