Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am bidding on a revolver with agency markings that would be a “new” one for me. It isn’t in the greatest condition. ;)

It is a No Reserve auction with a Buy It Now of $375. As of this evening, I’m the high bidder @ $130 with 10 days to go.

The question is : Do I wait in hopes of saving quite a bit of money or take the sure thing?

I have been known to have an itchy buy it now finger....... :)

Best,
Charles

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
I know you like the agency revolvers - and I know a lot of them took a beating over time.

Still, I buy on condition, and that's the selling point for 'me' - so since most agencies were fairly well supplied, I'd hold back, because most potential buyers don't like extra markings, and don't value them as you do.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s @ $176 with 7 days left. There may be hope!

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
You know you want it! Just being an enabler. :p

Reactions: cda926

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
I agree that condition is everything. I believe that if it’s a gunbroker auction with bids, there are others watching and hoping the same thing.. that nobody else is watching. I think it will sell for more than current bid, but this is my litmus Test. Do I think I could sell the gun for what I’m buying it for? Not that you’re looking to sell or make a profit, but to judge if the condition is worth the price paid. Most Colt owners are willing to pay a little high for nicer condition, but are more apt to pass on poor to average condition unless a bargain.
You probably want the gun and it’s not an absorbent amount of money for most Colt owners, so I’d probably set a max price for myself and go no higher than that amount when the bids start at the end. But , if you feel you’d pay the buy now price if you saw it at the local store, then I say by all means, get it.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I hope it's still there in the AM when you wake up. If not, you'll kick yourself.

I've been there, done that and sometimes I just went to bed and said to myself
"What will be will be". More often than not, I lost out. But hey, there is always
another one around the corner.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Charles, no one other than you was a multiple bidder. So you may have been the eventual winner for a few bucks less. But for peace of mind, you still made a good deal; congrats!

I, too, would like to know what agency the gun was part of.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
True. But, it just takes ONE lurker to hit BIN. ;) I'm satisfied that it was the correct decision. As soon a it arrives, I'll send for a letter. I've never seen that acronym before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts