Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm just getting started in guns again I've only got one. It was going to be a Delta Elite but Dan Wesson hit with the RZ-10's first for less than what I was seeing used DE's list for so I got one of those.

This may have been somewhat fortuitous since Mark1648 over on the Colt section of the 1911 forum mentioned that it was possible that Colt would look into another 10mm and that it would more likely be on the Special Combat version than anything.

Well if that happens, I'm in.

I've also long wanted a Python. So that may be next but I've also found here recently that I can appreciate the overall appearance of the Trooper.

I tend to prefer blue revolvers for some reason but I suppose an Anaconda should be in there.

So I've got a few to buy yet. How about y'all?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well I'm building a snake collection. Next on my list is a blued King Cobra. I also need a Cobra, Viper, and a Boa. The Viper will be further along down the road, but I've convinced myself that the Boa may never take up residence with me as I have no spare arm and leg to trade with.
A 3" Detective Special is on the not to distant horizon to replace the one I foolishly lost tring to be a good friend. Due to his job requirements my friend needed a handgun, but was limited to Colt, Ruger, or Smith. I gave him a very, very good friendly price on the Dick Special has his funds were very low. The sale had a stipulation that when the time came to sell the revolver would come back to me. Well after all was said and done he lasted just a few months on the job, had learned the value of the revolver and sold it for a tidy profit when he quit.
What are friends for, in his opinion you grab the jar of vaseline and bend over!!!

Rant mode off. Back to fun stuff.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 09-09-2003).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you're still looking for a blued King Cobra, there's a store down here that has a snubbie model. I forget the price on it (pretty high, IIRC, in the $500-600 ballpark), but they've got one. Was in real good condition last time I looked at it. (Nope, it isn't mine). Probably picked up some hangling marks since then.
www.jcsgunsandtackle.com is their website. You'll probably be better off calling them, as they don't list firearms for sale on their website. I'd guess they'd do a transfer to another FFL, but can't be sure.

Anyway, was doing a search on "Colt Viper" and this post came up. Since it's less than a month old, figured I'd throw this out there for you.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I am looking for a NIB Boa. But the only way I am going to get one is sell/trade one of my nice 4" Pythons which I am willing.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ah, yes, Pilgrims all, aren't we? I used-to-wanted to make a snake collection ... Then, there were only three to buy! (The Python, the Cobra and the Diamondback.) Shoulda' done it - then, by the time the others came out, I could've gone through bankruptcy and had started over! Once thought, too, a,"Three Gun Collection," would be nice; a Python, a Gold Cup and a New Frontier. (And throw in a DS for social purposes.) Wish I'd've done it. Still might!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've gone thru about a dozen Colt 1911s of various vintages, finishes and models, have had three Pythons (never liked any of 'em, go figure) and a 6" Ultimate King Cobra and a 5 1/2" .44 Special SAA that I wish I still had.
I just recently picked up a 43 year old Cobra and that has rekindled my interest in Colt revolvers.
Would like to find a 2 1/2" King Cobra and will be buying either a DS-II or a SF-VI as well.
I'd also like to replace the nickle plated Series 70 Government Model .45 that I sold because it "was too stiff". In my inexperience, I failed to realise it was stiff because it was unfired and simply needed to be broken in.
Ah youth.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts