Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Colt semiauto is first on your list to purchase in 2014? With me, it will be either a Combat Elite, a Delta Elite, another O1918 reproduction, or whatever the LGS comes up with that strikes my collecting fancy. So which Colt semiauto will it be for you in 2014? (There is no right or wrong answer as long as it's a Colt semiauto. :)) Fire away.

·
Registered
392 Posts
After the first one, thy have all been a surprise. The phone rings and the LGS owner tells me he has something I need to see or I walk into an LGS and spot one.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
None.

It took them three tries to get my 'WMK' M1911 right.
It works that way sometimes. I went through several of the WMKs years ago, trying to find one without issues. But, finally I found a really nice one. Also, in the past, Colt has been excellent fixing various issues. (Yes, I'm overly perfectionistic, but Colt has come through several times to make it right.) I hope that you finally find a Colt that you simply can't resist. It happens.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sorry to hear about your repos. My o1911 or WMK and o1918 or WWI are fantastic. This last year I bought new a GCNM round top (O.K., that was in Dec. 2012), a nice Gov. in 38 Super, and a WC Commander. This next year Talo/Colt may come out with a 9mm Gold Cup, so saving my pennies. On the used front who knows? Several months ago I was at an auction with a nice low S/N 1957 Gold Cup but the logical side of my brain kicked the emotional side when the bidding went past $1.9K; Just had to ask myself what I would do with the old guy... shoot it a little.... then???

·
Registered
Colt 1911 Gold Cups The best ever made
737 Posts
Nothing. :D

Just saying. Around here, It's almost impossible to find a nice used one for a decent price. A new one from the factory? Forget it.

I'll tell you about the old days (2011). You could buy four Colt pistols from a LGS on the same day.

Some said that I was wrong to buy when I did. I say that they were wrong. ;)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.