Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are many guns that I WANT. But, most are frankly unrealistic due to cost,rarity etc. I'm not talking about your fantasy guns. I'd love a mint S&W Registered Magnum or a NIB 1st year Python etc. But, that ain't going to happen!! ;)

The next one (actually there are two...it is a tie!) that I'm actively searching for:

1) Colt New Service .44-40 4 1/2" bbl. in blue preferred. I would consider a 5 1/2"
though....... ***** FOUND A 5 1/2" !!!! *****

2) Colt SAA 1st Gen .41LC 4 3/4" bbl. blued made for smokeless powder preferably after 1900 or so.

What are you looking for right now?

Best,
Charles

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
LNIB "Fitz" Detective Special

·
Registered
190 Posts
My list is more simple and current than old. P90, semi obviously, if trump ever decides to undo dumb gun laws like short barrel and silencers, because the long barrel PS90 looks dorky and I hate the trouble of conversion like the plague.

2x SAA of course.

Would like a new production blackpowder kentucky rifle. Maybe even a pistol from that era.

Won't complain if I find a python. Might go with a S&W style because it's available I believe.

Thus far I have managed to obtain beretta M9A1, shield for CC, Colt 1911 stainless Gov model, M4, my first gun a chinese MAK91 a very heavy gun after seeing an ad in paper at Roses, and recently I finally obtained my folding AK I've always wanted. So yeah. OH! I would like another 1911 in any finish but stainless. I guess I would say no to nickel too. I rather just have a blued version or even a CCH finish, not necessarily by Colt. My uncle has this amazing springfield 1911 that fits oh so well in the hands and seems thinner than the Colt so I'll probably shop around for 1911s instead of instinctively going for Colt. I don't need that 1911 unless it's absolutely what I want.

I'm mostly a simple gun buyer. Buy everything cool that I want, usually just the one gun. I know alot of you guys around these parks have just armies of the same model guns but one, max 2 are enough for me. Though I wont have a cow over buying a arsenal AK or a real MAK90(it's what I wanted back then but got stuck with a MAK91. THANKS ROSES)or a AR15 sport II. Nothing else comes to mind. Here's to freedom! *chug*

oh snap, and what jc said. I forgot about wanting one of those. You did mention no fantasy guns. I should edit out the SAAs :D

·
Registered
9,934 Posts
Factory Colt Longslides in .45 ACP and one in 10mm. An Anaconda and a New Frontier in 10mm would really be schweet as well. It looks like it will be a long wait to find them as they don't exist outside of my own mind.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
My gun money chest is empty because I bought my next dream gun – A Browning 1895 Winchester in 30-40 Krag. Now to set it up with a Lyman 21 “Climbin Lyman” peep sight and life will be good. I have wanted to have a 95 since the 60’s when I used to hunt muledeer horseback with a Colorado rancher that had a place near New Castle. I had my model 70 slung over my back while he had his 95 in a saddle scabbard as we rode along. I was always after a monster while he was after a “3 pointer” to eat. He was in his 70’s at that time and was a crack shot.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
At the top of my wish list are Colt 1903s shipped to the Washington Navy Yard or to the OSS Fowler Building.

Why you might ask?

• The Washington Navy Yard is just a few miles from my childhood home and I rode a bus past its Main Gate daily en route to the Police Boys Club.

• Additionally, I went to Georgetown right across the river from the location of the Fowler Building, now the site of the Key Bridge Marriott.
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,467 Posts
I want a really nice 1899 Savage in .22 HiPower. I have a nice one, but I want another really nice one. Also. a lightly used 2nd Generation SAA in .44 Special.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Seller has a very nice Colt Border Patrol 4" blue .357 mag revolver, looks to be in decent shape. Usual dings & scratches, but the grips are outstanding. Seller wants C$449.00, down from C$550.00. Seems cheap.

I can buy this revolver but my S&W 19 (2.5" & 4") have way better triggers. I'm undecided.....

Reactions: Rogerwnuss

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I do not have a list. I buy any cartridge Colt made 1870s-1970s that’s a good deal in my favor. I’ve gotten quite a bit of rare stuff along the way. I feel that having a list makes you pass by too many great deals and great guns.

·
The Consummate Collector
6,656 Posts
I am missing a New Service 7 1/2" barrel in .476 Eley and a New Service 4 1/2" marked: FOR .44 S&W CTG in my collection so those two are on my wish list. While I may never find them it keeps it interesting just looking.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've always got an ear to the ground for nice vintage Colts, but I am especially interested in 1st Gen SAA's, Model M's, 1911's and most WWII guns. However it's hard for me to pass on anything that seems under priced. While it gives my collection almost no consistent direction I've learned a lot more general knowledge from the variety in my collection.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts