Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Registered
Nut job for revolvers from the'70's end early! Would like to come across an early colt trooper 357 and or a Smith hi-way patrol 357 6inch. But while looking guns pop up along the way ! I collect shooters!馃槵

Registered
I would like to find a 2nd gen .44 special, would jump on a .44 .40 to probly.

Also like to find a 45 ACP SAA

Not to particular about the barrel length.

Registered
WWI or WWII issued 1911 or 1911A1 original, complete, not a safe queen but a nice shooter example. And I want one of those new standard SA decked out, engraved and all.

Registered
I would like the Colt/Ohio Ordnance BAR with case, ever since I saw it at SHOT Show I fell in love with it, be awhile before I pick one up. I would also like a SAA, I do not have one in my collection just yet.

Registered
There are two.
If I see an FN Browning model 1910/22, I will add it to my pile.
There is a greater probability that I will assemble an AR-15 SBR in 300 Blackout. I already have the can and a lower & kit , and a stripped upper.
Just waiting on the tax stamp.

Premium Member
A nice condition M1 Carbine and a S&W Model 1917. They'll need to wait until 2021, because I've added a number of my short-list guns in 2020, despite it being an otherwise crappy year.

Registered
I don't have any real "Grail" guns I'm looking for but there are some pieces I'd like to have. Most of the more choice guns I have I found when not actively looking for them but found them more or less by happenstance...a WWII military Detective Special at a gun show priced as a standard run example...it had a square butt so I recognized it for what it was. I once found a 1903A4 in a local pawn shop (no scope) priced as a standard 1903A3 which they're all marked. One that did take a period of years to find was a Colt/Sauer Drilling...12-gauge side-by-side over a .30-06 barrel I found in a small auction I picked up for several thousand dollars below market price.

The latest I just found...ran into a Colt Marshal 2" which is sitting in Maryland's seven-day jail now before I can bring it home.

Registered
I鈥檓 on the prowl for a high condition pre war Officer鈥檚 Model in 22 LR. Plenty out there I鈥檓 just being picky.

Registered
The LGS owner always asks me, "What is your next gun?" My answer is always, "I have no clue."

I stopped in last week to look at a Colt 1911 and ended up buying a custom .460 Weatherby magnum rifle they had on consignment from an estate.

Registered
I have a short list of guns that I'd like to a to my collection. Most of them are not hard to find, just a bit pricy. I haven't bought any of them though, because I keep finding other gun by chance. It seems that there's always something that comes along that I didn't know I wanted until I found it. I did just cross one off that I had been looking for. A BSA .22 pump rifle. I have a collection of .22 pump rifles and I'm always looking for something different.
What's left on the list, in no particular order.
Colt 1909 Navy
Colt 1905 USMC
Colt Lawman Mark V 2"
American 180 semi auto
Over-under German shotgun either JP SAUER, Simson or Greifelt.
Manurhin revolver. MR93 or MR96.
Korth .22 revolver.

Premium Member
#1 WWI issued 1911, not a WW2 rebuild. Original wood grips, shooter grade.

#2 WWII S&W Victory

#3 WW1 U.S. Enfield in 30-06

Edit: These are not my "holy grail" guns. They are affordable ones that I can obtain. My "holy grail" gun is an M1941 Johnson Automatic. Way out of my price range, maybe a retirement present to myself.

Reactions: MitchM
21 - 40 of 46 Posts