Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if a Ruger Vaquero is heavier than a Colt SAA given equal barrel lengths?
If I don't get an answer, I will rig up a balance beam this weekend and let you know.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The original Ruger Vaquero is built on a larger frame with a larger cylinder than a Colt SAA and will be correspondingly heavier. The New Vaquero is very similar in size to the Colt and likely weighs about the same.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It’s amazing what you can find on the interweb by doing a little quick research :p no disrespect meant. Just havin’ a little fun.
Top is Colt SAA bottom is Ruger New Vaquero
9915DF7D-7CD9-4E5C-AA99-FB284DC54D8B.png
4FFDD926-AF8D-4906-9151-83FF9E99894D.png

Tom

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yes, the ruger is noticeably heavier. I have an OMV( original or old model) and a new model vaquero. The OMV was built on the super blackhawk frame, which is much larger than the SAA. The new model vaquero is almost the same dimensions as the Colt, size wise, but is still heavier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my vaquero is the new one sized like my SAA but in Stainless and its definitively heavier than my SAA or clones.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have a New Model Flattop BH in 44spl. It is noticeably heavier than my 4.75 Colt SAA 44spl. Aside from the adjustable sights on the Ruger both guns are all steel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts