1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at both of the New Army/Navy 1892 DA Colts in 41

I am leaning toward the one made in 1902 SN 185661

Here is the ad description:

two rare COLT model 1892 one mfg in 1899 and the newer 1902 NEW ARMY/NAVY MODEL .41 Colt w/a 3in Barrel. Revolvers is in exc condition FOR their ages, no rust, no pitting w/about 70% finish. Finish look better in person then in the pictures. Grips are in exc condition too. No cracks or goughes. Smooth action. They both lock up tightly for old gun ser# 118918 and 185661 (the newer pistol is prettier than the older one)...Great shooter/collector pieces.

I can buy either for $500 or both for $950. What do you all think? Yea or nay? One or the other? or neither?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Since they're the same price, go with the nicer one. Is $500 the bottom line? I don't keep up on these. Mine is an '07, 279xxx that I paid $400 I think several years ago, but mine has the 4" barrel. Supposedly, 3" barrels are rare, so if original, mabey buying both is an option. What is the barrel length and are they original or have they been cut? U.S. stamped guns would have wood grips, I think.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Since they're the same price, go with the nicer one. Is $500 the bottom line? I don't keep up on these. Mine is an '07, 279xxx that I paid $400 I think several years ago, but mine has the 4" barrel. Supposedly, 3" barrels are rare, so if original, mabey buying both is an option. What is the barrel length and are they original or have they been cut? U.S. stamped guns would have wood grips, I think.
I assume these are commercial models since they have the black grips. I think it unlikely that the two are both shortened rather tha orginal 3" BARRELS. I don't think they are being sold as US Military models.

I have some other pics on my office computer I'll dig'em up and post in the morning or by Monday.. Thanks for your help here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts