Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy at work wants a .22 semi pistol. I've got a few so I told him I might sell one of my Rugers. I've got 2 4 inch standards with 4 inch regular barrels. 1 is earlier version 1 later. mag button on different sides. all things being equal which one to sell?
I also picked up a ruger MK2 22/45 target but I think .keeping that one.
I told him.$200 with 1 mag, no box. jim

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I like the older guns since you can still buy magazines for them. I really don't like the new semi with a loaded chamber indicator but live with the jams as the gun is a light weight.

·
Registered
355 Posts
As a collector piece the MkI is getting difficult to find. As a shooter the MkII is better for the last shot slide catch. They are all bears to field strip until the latest version, which has its own issues.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 22/45 is the earlier mk2 version. which I just bought and havent even shot yet
I would rather keep the better of the 2 since I think in giving him a pretty good deal if I sell one. jim

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If you have 2 standards I would keep them. The early production rugers are in my opinion far superior to the more modern offerings. Of course I have also always thought the 22/45 isn't anything special anyway.

I lucked into one of these that my Father-in-law will be getting for christmas. He has an old Mk 1 Target that he always talks about wanting one with a shorter barrel.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bought the 22/45, I dont know if I'll like it or not. have a total of $225 in it with 2 mags, box, target sights, and a rail mount.
the early standard I think I have $75 bucks in it, I traded a calvary carbine carcano for it. decided to just sell the early standard with 1 mag. that gives me the later standard with 5 mags and the 22/45. jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts