Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the process of updating my Collection of Pythons. I'm going to sell 2 of the 3 I think, to make room in my Colt Stable. I'm really torn between selling the 1960 Python with a serial under 10K and my Python Target. The 76 I've already decided to sell. The target is in better shape and only 251, but older Pythons seems harder to come buy. The 60 isn't perfect and has some handling marks and bluing loss. Which one would you sell, if you had to sell 2? None of them have boxes and I currently collect more then I shoot these days.

·
Registered
93 Posts
IMO, the 60 will probably be an easier sell, but the target may bring more to the right person...so how bad/quickly do you need to move them?

I would be interested in taking the 76 or 60, as I'm looking for my first Python.....

·
Registered
610 Posts
While I cannot endorse selling any, I would sell the target for sure. If I was only going to have one python I would want it to be in the most common caliber. Then between the 60 and 76, I would keep the one in the best condition. I know the low serial number is cool but again, only having one, I would want the best example I could have.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While I cannot endorse selling any, I would sell the target for sure. If I was only going to have one python I would want it to be in the most common caliber. Then between the 60 and 76, I would keep the one in the best condition. I know the low serial number is cool but again, only having one, I would want the best example I could have.
I will be going down to 7 pythons after I sell 2 of these. My others are stainless and 1 4" Blue from 76 I think.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
My first inclination would be to keep the '60 Python. The general consensus is that the '50's and '60's builds had a touch more attention put into their assembly. Some folks love em all some love the early ones. Your guns, your call.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice ABU background. Personally, I would keep the target Python b/c there are so few of them; plus it is very shiny. If you "regret" selling your Pythons down the road, you can find the 60s or 70s for sale easier, but rarely you will find a shiny target model...IMHO. I would love to have that shiny target model.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Since I'm independently wealthy I'd keep all of them. Wait, not never mind, I'm not just fantazing again about winning the lottery. LOL This would be a tough call as they are Pythons. But if it was my choice and I had to make it, the longer barrelled one would go. I like shorter barrels on my revolvers so the target Pthon would go. But that's just my opinion....... good luck Dave..... tough choices as they are all beautiful guns!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The target model will be going up for sale soon, I bought a BSS 8" Python from the custom shop to replace it :D

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice ABU background. Personally, I would keep the target Python b/c there are so few of them; plus it is very shiny. If you "regret" selling your Pythons down the road, you can find the 60s or 70s for sale easier, but rarely you will find a shiny target model...IMHO. I would love to have that shiny target model.
ABU really brings out the Royal Blue in Pythons ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.