Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on a Reference Book for Colt double action pistols? Is there one out there that would be considered the bible for Colt collectors?

------------------
If the horse don't pull you got to carry the load

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well, they say the best is THE BOOK OF COLT FIREARMS by Robert Q. Sutherland and R.L. Wilson. Wilson has a web site you can check out.

But unless you have a large chunk of change you won't be buying one.

1st off they are apparently no longer in print. 2nd is they are very pricey, as in up to $500!

The 1st edition I guess has become sort of a collectors issue. I believe these have a copyright date in 1971. A reprint was released I believe around 1985. Either way the info is great but does not include any of the more modern stuff.

Unfortunately I know of no other single good resourse covering strictly Colt DA revolvers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Sutherland/Wilson book was reprinted in the 90's and is not nearly as expensive as the first ed. There is also Serven, Colt Firearms, and Haven and Belden, History of the Colt Revolver.

Bill A

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently purchased a new 2nd edition BOOK OF COLT FIREARMS by Robert Q. Sutherland and R.L. Wilson for $150. There are deals out there but it is getting increasingly difficult to locate 2nd editions therefore the prices will be driven up. 1st editions are going for $500.

Vipereater

1 - 4 of 4 Posts