Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which revolver is the \"pride\" of your collection?

Subject says it all. Which revolver is the "pride" of your collection?

For me, it's my 1939 Shooting Master 98% in 45LC. No box /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Second (close 1st) would be my 99.5% .22 Bankers Special boxed and all tools and papers. Third would be my 2 Aircrewmans.

I hope someday in the next 12 months it will be a located prototype Detective Special in Nickel. Serialed 2 years before the 1st production year.

Addicted

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Which revolver is the \"pride\" of your collection?

My favorite Colt is my 2nd gen. SAA 43/4" bbl. in .38 Special with Colt Ivorylike grips and original black guttapercha grips.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I guess it would be my 99%+ NRA grade 1971 nickel Colt
Detective Special.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Overall,I guess it would be a 1956 SAA,.38 Special,5.5"bbls,one of the first 1000 2nd gens built. No box etc. but 98% with great case colors that just won't fade-and its a great shooter with heavy .38 Special handloads.

I have far more D.A.s than SAAs,so a refinished,very early N.S. Target in .44 Russian and Special,and a civilian N.S. .455 5.5" in 99%. No British proofs,original owner added a Marbles #40 bead sight. Yes,it is a shooter too.

Bud

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Okay, Here's the Shooting Master in 45LC. My number one.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Number 2 but a very close number one. Boxed .22 bankers special with all the goodies.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Number three. My two Aircrewmen. Both lettered. Note the 100% Aircrewman barrel.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Re: Which revolver is the \"pride\" of your collecti

Very nice stuff, Addicted. I can see why you say the Shooting Master is your favorite. Thanks for the pics and the post.

Charlie Flick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts