Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to spend around $6500 on Colt revolvers. As far as a long term investment, should I buy 2/3 excellent condition run of the mill pythons and diamondbacks for example a blued 2 1/2” and a 4” Nickel or purchase 1 rare variation piece such as a 2 1/2” python in STS/BSTS/Enickel or 6” Nickel/enickel Diamondback or something else? Please give me some ideas of what would be the best option as far as going up in value. Also, I can wait longer and save more money if needed.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The Python prices are very fluid right now. Diversification is always a wise strategy when it comes to investing so if you must invest in guns versus other tried and true means, buy more than one to mitigate your risk. Just my two cents, YMMV... Good luck, Jack

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I would buy pre-war Colts. I believe they are undervalued. I would buy the best condition you can find Shooting Master or New Service Target and an Officers Model Target. They are the pinnacle of what Colt produced and not really priced accordingly.

Pythons are awesome and you should definitely have one but they made a lot of them and they are expensive now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts