1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Thanks, lots of history here. In 1960, the trooper was still a 38 special (or 22) and not yet offered in .357. Of course they could have been .357 models as well firing 38 special ammo. Speedloaders would have really lowered there time don't you think?

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Thanks, lots of history here. In 1960, the trooper was still a 38 special (or 22) and not yet offered in .357. Of course they could have been .357 models as well firing 38 special ammo. Speedloaders would have really lowered there time don't you think?

Gravity-dispensing Snap Pouches - on the Waist/Gun Belt ) would have been good too ( or faster than a Trouser Pocket! )

Fun to see them in action circa 1960!

·
Registered
18 Posts
and it doesn't appear the chaps are wearing ear plus! Ugh....I can't hear in one ear very well due to me shooting .22 pistols as a young man.

Does the Whitehouse have an indoor basement pistol range? just curious.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looked like a lot of point shooting in the beginning. Sure don't see that being taught any more.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the thing that really stood out for me was just how well they did reloading the loose rounds during timed shooting.
As to the basement range that may be the Treasury one.
I'd still like to know if those Troopers were issue,replacing the OP, or their match guns. Does anyone know?

Regards,
Tecolote

·
Premium Member
Collect older handguns from Colt and S&W primarily
430 Posts
Glad I went back this far and found this...really takes me back to the revolver days in law enforcement. Back in the day I used what was called "dump pouches" and when I went to the Border Patrol we were required to use cartridge loop slides and learned to load two-by-two-by-two. Later when I went into Customs we were allowed to use speed loaders and loops, so I used both, you never know when you might just need one or two rounds. We quit the old revolver around 1992-93 and I'm now on my 3rd auto-loader.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts