Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
My local gun store got one in. They posted a picture of it on their FB page at 10:30 am. I was on the phone and bought it at 10:35 am. I got lucky with this one, but there was a Big box store getting them in small batches since April.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Always wanted to replace my 1968 Python 4" 357 magnum blued on the job revolver & got lucky & found a 1964 Python
same as above in excellent shape but not with the original grips. The action on this baby is super better than my 1978 model which I bought last year. Just received it today & will do a very lite clean & lube then go to my range. Too darn hot here in south Fl.
to go outdoor range so the indoor at 75' will have to do. Whoever had this before me took very good care of it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Always wanted to replace my 1968 Python 4" 357 magnum blued on the job revolver & got lucky & found a 1964 Python
same as above in excellent shape but not with the original grips. The action on this baby is super better than my 1978 model which I bought last year. Just received it today & will do a very lite clean & lube then go to my range. Too darn hot here in south Fl.
to go outdoor range so the indoor at 75' will have to do. Whoever had this before me took very good care of it.
Pictures or it didn't happen! ;)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Here is my new 1911 Colt Govt! I bought it 4th of July Weekend! Adding some to the safe!
A very nice 1911 Colt Auto! No Colt bought here in July, but I did buy a 50 caliber half stock percussion rifle. Another small Restoration Project -- Just what I needed, I'm sure!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
I have received one of these John Wayne Commemorative New Frontiers this month and just opted for this second one to be able to present one each to my boys in the future. It’s real rare to find all complete boxes and shipping boxes too. These were really a parts clean up series from 1984 I think was the year. The big “shark fin” front sight on a NF style frame.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not very good at showing pictures online. If you'd like, I'll take pictures of both Pythons that I have and email them to you. The 2 Pythons are in great shape but I can tell the difference between the 1978 model vs. the 1964 model. I've been looking for a 1960 Python for over for 2 years & found it on Guns international.com.
I'd appreciate your help.

Doc

1 - 20 of 42 Posts