Colt Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Yep...Paladin did carry a Marlin along with his Colt (he called it a "Hamilton" in the series premier episode rather a Colt)...the Marlin also had the chess knight on the butt stock. I wasn't aware fo the caliber though.

Reactions: lounick

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have one of the so called Remlins, an 1894 Marlin. Marlins had a bad rap for a number of years leading up until Remington bought them out. Even after that they suffered from a deserved bad reputation for shoddy workmanship. But since about 2015 Remington has really done a nice job cleaning up their newly aquierd Marlin company. Mine was made in 2018, and is really nice, fit and finish are excellent, and it shoots straight. It may not have the resale value of a JM stamped Marlin, but it’s every bit as good.
paul

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I agree with you guys about the current Marlins. Here is my favorite Marlin, a Model 1895SBL with my a favorite Government Model.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't have a picture posed with Marlins and Colts. But I have a bunch of 1894 Marlins and assortment of other Marlin lever guns - including this real nice 1889 in 44WCF.

Marlin 1889 44WCF b May 2018.jpg

21 - 28 of 28 Posts