Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures don't do justice to them (at least from my cheesy phone camera), you have to have one in your hands.
Not only are they beautiful but they have a unique tactile feel.
I can't think of anything metallic that is like it.
The closest thing I can think of is smooth soapstone or possibly marble.

I have a Diamondback .38 and a Python, both 4".
The Python is slightly brighter being more polished smooth.
I love looking at them under different lighting to see another look that few can enjoy.

What other Colts were offered in E nickel and how rare/expensive are they?
I know they were only around a couple of years before the advent of stainless steel.
Were they offered as a custom shop thing for a longer period and if so what years?

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Besides the Diamondback and Python, I've seen this finish on the Trooper MK III, 3rd Generation Detective Special (Colt Custom Shop), and Lawman. Other than the Custom Shop models, I wouldn't call them rare but they can be somewhat "uncommon" which usually means more expensive...

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The E Nick is a mixed bag for me. I hate the Python and Troopers yet when I see a 6" E Nickel .22 Diamondback, it is beautiful! I guess it is the rarity that skews my eyes but I would swear they are different!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
There is a 8" E Nickel on G.B. right now. I think it is way overpriced and no box, but it is there. The title doesn't say 8" or E Nickel if my memory serves me correctly. It just says something generic like "Colt Python"

·
Registered
486 Posts
There is a 8" E Nickel on G.B. right now. I think it is way overpriced and no box, but it is there. The title doesn't say 8" or E Nickel if my memory serves me correctly. It just says something generic like "Colt Python"
I have seen 2 on GB but both are overpriced in my opinion. Don't mind paying a fair price but also don't buy into all the hype some peddle.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
OK matt, we know you like EN but you don't have to rub it in you SOB :p. Nice as always! I never really liked the EN but lately it's been starting to grow on me ;).

·
Banned
20 Posts
The E Nick is a mixed bag for me. I hate the Python and Troopers yet when I see a 6" E Nickel .22 Diamondback, it is beautiful! I guess it is the rarity that skews my eyes but I would swear they are different!
LMAO is the hate in you why you scarf up every python you can?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Get out your Flitz, gentleman, and you can shine up that e-nickel...or maybe shine all the way through the thin e-nickel.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Get out your Flitz, gentleman, and you can shine up that e-nickel...or maybe shine all the way through the thin e-nickel.
Exactly...I'd NEVER take any type of polish to an e-nickel gun. It will quickly loose it's "satin" appearance. Many guns can take on a "glossy" nickel look just from rubbing them down too often. Of course I'm only talking about safe queens and NIB examples. If it's a "shooter", then by all means clean away to your hearts content...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts