Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has given up on acquiring a 4" or 6" nickel Diamondback due to current pricing? I have given it some hard thought and even though I foam at the mouth everytime I see a NIB 4" or 6" 22lr in nickel I have decide I can get more bang for my buck in some other Colts.Not saying I will never buy one but I have put them on the back burner.Any thoughts or comments?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Not me, I'll just keep looking, I'm a diehard. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Given up ????
What about the rest of the Colt Wheels ?
Someone just posted a Snake Eyes set on GB with a Buy-it-now of only $7000.

There's a Double Diamond set with a Buy-it-now of only $4400

There's a regular production King Cobra in bright stainless available on GB with no reserve and a starting price of $1200.

Someone recently actually purchased a Python Elite for over $2200
Python Elite

Ahhhhhhhrrrrggh..... when's it gonna stop ??? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yeah Dick. You keep lurking in all our favorite gun shops. Looks like we will have to move across the state to find any goodies anymore.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Nothing to see here, move along. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Apparently there are those here who cover it pretty well and I really don't get the chance to do that, but I couldn't resist. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
robba I pretty much leave the east coast alone, but if you haven't before, you ought to check out two in Okeechobee. On 441 headed south toward the lake, the Gun Shop has a lot of Smiths and Colts but he is usually high. Another half mile down on the left is Williams Pawnshop. I have bought about five guns from them and Brian is reasonable and usually has some good prices. Regards

·
Registered
991 Posts
When I began, my quest was to collect Pythons. I am returning to my origin. Diamondbacks are nice, but the Python is still the "Rolls-Royce".

·
Registered
778 Posts
Diamondbacks from what I can see, are appreciating faster then Pythons. The only problem is that most everyone is holding on to their Diamondbacks for dear life.

And Dick, try dangling cash in front of Paul in Okeechobee. Price drops like a stone.

Bob

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Ah ha robba I didn't know you frequented those places too. Hey, there is enough to go around, at least what my wallet will bear. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
400 Posts
When I was on my trip recently I found a OMM in great condition and a 6 inch Python with a little drag line but otherwise beautiful looking at the same gunshop. They were selling them on consignment for $400 and $800 respectively. I passed on both as I was a little low on funds. They also had another Colt with target grips etc 6 inch that was a 22lr. But right now I can't remember what darn model it was. If someone else is interested I can PM you the gunshop information. It was located in Pennsylvania. They both seemed like reasonable prices thats why I've posted them here.

Dave

·
Registered
778 Posts
Those prices seem OK, but not holding the guns in hand can make quite a difference.

If they were 98% or thereabouts, the prices were fine, anything downword in condition made the deals average. Saw a nice 98% Diamondback 22 yesterday for $699., and they probably would have come down a little. That was an OK price but it had Pacs for stocks, and that drove the price up at least $150 to $250 for the right grips/stocks.

Most collectors want 98% or better revolvers if possible. The exception in my opinion is very old Colt revolvers have some forgiveness in condition depending on rarity, and age.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
22:

I agree.You never give up but having checked a few gun shows lately it sure seems the items I am after are invisible.I got a couple of good ones in the last year but no bargins to be found.Seems I pay fair price or more.More in most cases.Maybe I should have been a Tarus collector.Even the Smiths have exploded in price for the nice ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts