Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I placed a bid just for the fun of it, I don't need it since I already have a 3-digit Python boxed in 98% condition.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I've got a feeling it's gonna bring some stupid money buy hey, I've been stupid before!!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
It's probably getting close to what it is worth but I'm sure a few of the mindless battle axes will be along to show who has the smallest brain and biggest bank account soon....Oh wait, there is one on it already!

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
WOW! THAT is the Python I'm looking for. I believe the test target is the Best factory group Ive seen so far with a Python. What a package there! Unfortunately, the price is just too far gone now, for me.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Oh, my aching back! In 1985 I sold #447 in virtually the same condition for.... much less 'cause it was too good to shoot! They say you don't pay too much you just bought too soon. Well,I guess you can sell too soon too! I will always regret not shooting and enjoying that one for these 28 years though. Nick

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts
I've been stupid too many times over too many guns to be in the runnings...I'm ringside on this one. Not to high jack, but while we're talking stupid, while browsing my flavor of Colt ice cream :). This one just listed that will take a big money grip to own it. Unless I'm missing something, this may be just a dollar over the mark. Hope it brings it, then my collection just tripled in value

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=366035783

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
And it's really expensive because....all the heavy breathers following every Python's move, like this post. Obsessive compulsive buyers in a market that is hyped up by the minute. Yep, it's going to go for thousands more than a comparable gun would cost. Cult items will crash and burn without threads like this one.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Interesting it has the "newer" style medallions; I know we've discussed it before but I assumed the "old" style medallions were in use for the first year or two of production. Did not realize they were phased out so quickly.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Not to hijack this thread but this would be an interesting place to bring up the recent discussion about boxes. This, IMHO, is a situation where the box and original paper work add a tremendous value to the gun. I could very well be wrong but I believe those items have added hundreds to the value.

@azshot...I really don't think an early second year Python is a cult item. And yes there may come a time when these do top out. Crash? There are a lot of people betting you are wrong.

@gruesome...I'm with you. And it really makes me wonder what my 1st year 3 digit would bring. It does not have the box and paperwork but according to some on here, that doesn't really matter. Boxes are throw away.

@superman...You made a new friend.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Interesting it has the "newer" style medallions; I know we've discussed it before but I assumed the "old" style medallions were in use for the first year or two of production. Did not realize they were phased out so quickly.
I also thought this was suspicious and would like to hear from others that might have the "deep dish" first generation medallions on a Python of higher serial number. However, it does not make sense that such a complete early Python in this condition would have its stocks changed out.

Does the desiccant paper look right? Is there someone that has the original brown paper in this serial number range?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts