Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I'm interested in buying it, just driving me crazy I can't figure out who made it? I'm sure one of the experts here will immediately recognize it so appreciate cluing me in. My best guess is Cimarron with barrel markings removed/added? Listing says nickel but looks like stainless to me? Early model before Colt threatened lawsuit ? (seeing as how it is marked "Colt"). Thanks for the help.
Replica of a Colt Single Action Army Revolver | HiBid Auctions

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The description says it's a non-firing replica. I doubt it's a Cimarron.
Thanks. The non-firing part has been added since I first looked and asked the auctioneer the manufacturer. No response but I'm glad they updated the listing. Now it looks like a pretty nice cap gun!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The screw that holds the ejector rod housing goes right through the barrel. Other than that I thought it was a nice looking replica. I first thought it would make a great gun to practice twirling but the bidding went up to high for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The screw that holds the ejector rod housing goes right through the barrel. Other than that I thought it was a nice looking replica. I first thought it would make a great gun to practice twirling but the bidding went up to high for me.
Good Spot! Don't know if it's my bad eyes or crappy monitor but I had to zoom way in to see the screw. Thanks for the eye lesson.

·
Registered
289 Posts
There is one with the same serial number on Ebay right now. I have to assume the number matches one of bat masterson's custom ordered pieces.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This may be that exact piece. It has the same mark on the right side below the loading gate.
https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/1024/1415/one-colt-and-one-replica-single-action-army-revolver-a-frankli
Yup. 112737. The quality of the eyes of the members of this board is amazing!
There is one with the same serial number on Ebay right now. I have to assume the number matches one of bat masterson's custom ordered pieces.
Bat Masterson is correct

1 - 11 of 11 Posts