Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son bought this at an auction over 25 years ago. Any idea who the manufacturer is? Note the light "B Company" impression under the main stamping. The wood butt also had 847 stamped inside the butt strap groove.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I agree with dogface6, it's probably an Armi San Marco. ASM is known to have made repros with Colt markings for a time before Colt put a stop to them. There should be an Italian proofmark on the cylinder and some other markings on the bottom of the frame and possibly the bottom of the barrel. I too would like to see pics of the whole gun and also any other markings you can find.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Other markings might be found on the underside of the barrel(you might have to move the loading lever to see them), on the bottom of the frame and bottom of the barrel lug and on the bottom of the triggerguard/backstrap there may be sreial numbers, manufacturers mark, datecode and/or "black powder only" warning. There might also be a small proofmark somewhere on the cylinder, either on the front or side.
Looking at the geometry of the whole gun I do think it is probably an Armi San Marco from the early 1980's. I have one just like it, except mine is a "Civilian" model so it does not have the military Company/No markings. Mine also has all the seriel numbers, ect. in the places I mentioned. If yours doesn't have them then it may be a kit gun or they may have been removed, ie "defarbed".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts