Colt Forum banner

Who would be a good choice to tune Colt DA revolvers

802 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  RJ4477 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a refinished Colt 357 shooter from a forum member (very happy with the purchase, thank you very much), and it is in perfect condition after the refinish, but it's really stiff, and the DA trigger stacking is almost unacceptable for shooting. My older DA Colts are VASTLY superior to the action on this one. I've read many posts about how smooth shooting this revolver is, and I am wondering where the members would send this gun to get tuned and smoothed out. The local armorers I know will mess with Smiths but not Colts. Any direction you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

#7 ·
I must also join the chorus and give kudos to Mr. Frank Glenn. Less than two weeks ago I spoke with Mr. Glenn about my Trooper which was made in 1965. I wanted him to give the weapon a thorough exam and repair or adjust anything he found that needed fixin`. This Trooper was my duty weapon for over thirty years in Chicago. Long story short Mr. Glenn received the Trooper and other than making a few minor adjustments, found it to be in quite good condition.

My Trooper arrived back home today. Mr. Glenn was a pleasure to deal with and the costs involved were more than reasonable. He is indeed a class act.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.