Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it because they only make a few each year? How do I get one without spending $2500 on gun broker?

·
Registered
10,833 Posts
The shortage is also affected even more by distributors who contract with Colt for several hundreds of revolvers at a time. For Colt to fulfill the contract regular commercial production is at least heavily affected if not suspended altogether while shifting production for increased economies of scale to fulfill the contract within its specified time frame.

Reactions: lounick

·
Premium Member
7,827 Posts
Is it because they only make a few each year? How do I get one without spending $2500 on gun broker?
Welcome to Colt Forum, Zimm.
Going back over more than several years now, SAA production became very slow. It took a few years for it to be noticed, but it certainly has been noticed now. It’s very hard to find a straight from the distributor new production SAA in a gunshop.
Colts MSRP has gone up, but still less than asking. Because of the shortage of supply to demand, around $2K is about average sell price and unfortunately (if you’re a buyer) , the market will support the higher $2.5K asking price. Most sellers aren’t gonna get another any time soon to sell, and its the way our economy works in this situation.
I agree that it is true that quite a bit of Colts SAA production does go to fill certain distributors contracted runs, as we’ve seen recently.
The ways to get one cheaper- Get to know some contacts here on the forum that share better deals and notify you. Pre-owned NIB SAA’s sold here occasionally. Some time and patience, and looking on the internet all the time. - friends on the Forum put more eyes out there for you. Being flexible with the caliber/configuration helps. If you’re set on a certain one, that’s lessening the odds, but get what you want too now.
Let us know about what you’re after and I must say to not be disappointed, have the money ready when you’re looking because it’s a snooze you lose situation for sure.
Welcome . You’ll get ya one !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts