Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I had similar problem when I reduced the original file size.
Vic

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you're saying use larger MB pictures, or reduce them down?...I'm not very computer literate. :bang_wall:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
The original file size, thus not reducing down. Thats what I found worked for me. Try a sample pic on this thread.
Vic

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Well, I was hoping some IT savy member would chime in:eek:
Vic

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I think it has something to do with the orientation of the camera when you take the picture. It might have a setting to tag the intended picture orientation. But when you upload the picture, the orientation tag gets cut off or dropped.

It sometimes does this to me when I upload pictures to my sharing host (Imgur). So I have to edit them there (change the orientation) before I can link the image.

Check your camera or phone for a setting about "saving orientation", or something like that.

Not very technical, but it's the best I can do. There is all sorts of data embedded in the image data besides just the image.

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
This is a site quirk, more or less. ColtPlinkerton is on the money, when you upload your photo the orientation of the photo can't be read by our software, so it defaults to the "right side up" orientation of your camera. If you were holding your camera sideways when you took the picture, then the picture will load sideways. If you are using a mobile phone or other device, your camera has a technical "right side up", which for most devices is: home button on the right, volume buttons at the bottom, so if you take your picture with a "portrait" orientation, then it's gonna be sideways when you upload.

There is a workaround that's been kind of mentioned here. Upload your picture to a computer, make a copy, rotate the picture so it's sideways, save, and then put it back to the way you want it and save again. That will force the orientation you want

Kevin

·
Registered
687 Posts
For me, I learned It’s how you take the pic on your phone. When you’re ready to take the pic make sure the icon of a camera on your screen is facing the direction you want.
This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts